Sunday, January 29, 2012

About my future hubby

Thank God for my Greg.

Greg is amazing. Truly. He's the only person I know that reminds me so much of Jesus himself. He is a simple man with a simple faith, but he is the most loving, forgiving, and humble man I know. He is a beautiful example to me. He is slow to anger and rich in mercy. I'm STILL learning that from Greg and from Christ.


We're different in a hundred ways, but our hearts' purpose is the same. Our differences truly make us complement each other. I've always been a straight A student and a valedictorian of my high school class. Now I'm in pharmacy school and still getting A's. Even outside of school I read Christian/Catholic books and study my faith. I'm always studying/learning something--always gaining knowledge and moving forward. On the other hand, since I've known Greg, he hasn't even touched a single book. He finished high school with mediocre grades and never went further. He's certainly not a student--he loves to work with his hands. So I guess, Greg is a physical hard-worker, and I'm a mental hard-worker. I take my faith seriously and I keep striving to make God my #1 priority. I love God and I'm fully aware of God's love for me. Greg is also a cradle Catholic, but I'm not sure how much he understands faith, or whether he realizes or not that God loves him, and that He wants him to love Him intimately and above all. He certainly has faith, but I would say a simple one. He believes in God but I don't think He's close to God. I don't know because I never really had such a deep conversation with him. I probably should. I don't know why it's so hard for me to talk to Greg about my faith and my love for God. I'm afraid he won't understand. I mean, if somebody had told me 5 or 6 years ago about intimately loving God and having a relationship with Him as with a real lover or best friend...I don't know how I would react to that or if I'd understand it. It's just hard to understand such matters without first experiencing them. Greg is also a big HELPER. He helps anyone and everyone with anything and everything, without expecting anything in return. I'm not even exaggerating. He will go out of his way to do small and big favors for his parents, sister, friends--no matter how that person treats him etc. I'm a little more reserved in helping people. I shouldn't be. But I guess my philosophy always was that everyone should just take care of themselves. There's been times when Greg's excessive willingness to help people drove me nuts! Especially when I knew those people caused their own trouble themselves, and they're not appreciative/thankful anyways. Greg cannot sit still or cannot be bored, he FINDS himself things/jobs to do or errands to run. Me, if I have a moment to myself--I use it to pray, relax, journal, read. And of course, Greg being a man, he is more stable emotionally, and as I said before, slow to anger. Me? I get disappointed and angry quickly. A lot of times I let my emotions rule my behavior, and then I mistreat Greg and other people. In other words, I don't wait for the emotions to settle down before opening my mouth. But Thank the Lord Greg is patient and forgiving. I need patience and forgiveness  badly!

We're also in many ways similar.  Neither of us is very outgoing--we prefer to spend time together at home or on a quiet date, rather than go out in big groups or go to parties or bars (like so many of our friends do). We're both very calm and not very outspoken. Although, for me, that's changed a bit lately. I've overcome my shyness and now I love to talk to people--even strangers! I still don't like to get attention, but I'm really interested in people and love interacting with them. Especially at work, in the pharmacy, I love to answer their questions and ask how they're doing. But I'm getting sidetracked here. We both have conservative, pro-life, pro-family values. We both cannot wait to get married, buy a house, and move in together. We both love animals--so no doubt our house will include pets! We both agree on being completely open to any children that God wants to bless us with: the more the merrier! We want to raise our kids in the One, True, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church, so one day they become soldiers of Christ and help others find the Truth and the Source of Life. We both love country living! Our mutual dream is to one day buy a house on a couple of acres of land in the countryside. And buy a horse. And maybe some ducks :-) But I don't know if that one is in God's will or not. For now we're stuck in the city/suburbs of Chicago because Greg's job is here. And of course not only do we share a common faith, but we also share a common ethnic background, which has  great cuisine and is rich in traditions.Oh, and we both have a thing for driving each other crazy :-)

...and I guess despite our differences and even our similarities...there's the one most important thing  we HAVE IN COMMON: We love each other very much and want to share our lives with each other for better or for worse, til death do us part




Of course, he's not perfect and I'm not perfect. Just because I always sound so thrilled about our relationship and always have a smile on my face when talking about us, that doesn't mean our road isn't rocky. Just like anyone, he has some personality flaws and I have some personality flaws. And many times, those personality flaws of his and mine bumped into each other and made quite a mess.
I guess the saying is: NO, We are NOT perfect, but we are perfect for each other. Arguments/mistakes/flaws will never separate us but make us grow stronger together and appreciate each other more and more as we grow old.

No comments:

Post a Comment