Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Some random things about me

Here's a set of questions 

to help my readers better get to know me

...and to help myself better get to know me too.


1. What is the quote you live by and why?

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails."   


Why? because when I lose sight of the real purpose of love, I mistreat other people and misbehave. I am unkind, selfish, I get angry. So this quote always reminds me what TRUE LOVE is and thus makes me change my behavior.

2. What is the song that describes your life?

 
Have I Told You Lalety that I love you?
Have I told you there's no one else above you?
Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness,
Ease my troubles, that's what you do.


3. What are you most looking forward to in your future?
  • Fulfilling my life's vocation in marriage with my beloved. 1 year, 3 months more to go. 
  • Graduating Pharmacy School and starting my career
  • Starting my own family and being a crazy but loving mom with a thousand things to do
4. What is your biggest wish right now?
  •  that God helps my parents through the struggles in their married life. More specifically, that He opens my dad's eyes, ears, and heart to the truth and breaks him out of his pride and ignorance.
5. What TV show are you constantly keeping up with?
  •  I don't watch TV at all.  Greg makes me watch these 2 polish shows weekly on the internet.
     One is "Szpilki na Giewoncie" and the other is "Ranczo." My main reason for watching the first one is because all the filming takes place about 10-15 minutes from my home in Poland, by the beautiful Tatra Mountains.
6. If you could do anything in the world (despite the cost) what would you do?
  • Spend an entire summer (yes, all three months of it) traveling all around the world with Greg. I would take a million pictures!
7. What is your favorite sports team?
  •  I am not into sports much, but let's just say the Chicago Bears.
8. Tell me about your best friend(s).
From Our Colorado Trip. 2009. I told you I like mountains!
  • He is the best friend I have ever had
  • He is loving, caring, gentle, reserved, humble, hard-working, forgiving, slow to anger, stubborn, unselfish, optimistic, simple, trustworthy, beautiful inside and out.
  • His name is Greg.
9. What would your ideal job be? 
  • Pharmacist in a clinic that serves the poor / unemployed.  I would like to be in a position where I can really make an impact in my patients' lives, versus just "giving out pills." I want to counsel them, answer their questions, educate them, give them hope and encouragement on their journey of making positive lifestyle changes. I want to make a difference in their lives.
10. Ketchup or mustard?
  •  Both, but ketchup is better!
11. One word to describe yourself:
  • One word? But that's too hard! Ok, ok, fine. Here's one word: Determined

Here's another set of questions:



1. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?   
  •  What's a place with the most beautiful mountains and breathtaking views and awe-inspiring hiking trails? That's where I would go! Any recommendations?
2. Peanut butter or nutella? 
  • You know I'm a chocolate lover! Nutella it is!
3. Who do you most admire in this world and why? 
  • That's a tough one. It depends on what the question is really asking....
  • If it's asking for one person: of course I admire my booboo the most! Why? Because he loves for who I am...and I can tell you that I'm pretty hard to love with all my flaws.
  • But in general: I deeply admire strong, determined, Christian men and women who are unafraid and unapologetic about living our their faith, values, and morals on a daily basis, despite the fact that today's culture is screaming a whole different message at us from every direction.
4. What's your favorite type of music?
  • Been listening to oldies a lot lately. Mostly 70's, 80's, and some 90's rock love songs. That's what my pandora station is set to :-)
5. What job would you do if money and time did not matter? 
  • I would pack my bags (and Greg's) and move to a different country, preferably in Latin America (since I love the hispanic culture and speak Spanish somewhat) and do voluntary work to help single/teenage pregnant women and families in need. I would be a full time missionary :-) And ideally, my Greg would be right along with me, sharing the mission.
6. What's your favorite dessert? 
  • Anything with chocolate!
7. What is your favorite hobby? 
  • Journaling/ Reflective Writing/ Blogging
8. What was your favorite book as a child?
  •  The Harry Potter Series, no questions or doubts! Read all 7 books, most of them twice.
9. What event in your life has contributed most to the person you are today? 
  • Meeting my Greg in freshman year of high school. Then looking for a boyfriend for a whole another year, only to realize in my sophomore year of high school that Greg is the one God made for me. The 5 years of being with Greg thus far also coincides with a greater focus on my faith life. So in these 5 years, not only did I develop a beautiful, amazing relationship with Greg, but also found the ultimate meaning and purpose of life by entering into a real,  committed relationship with God.
10. Tell me one thing others wouldn't immediately know about you. 
  • That I can speak 3 languages!
11. Beach or mountains?
  • Mountains for sure! I love breathtaking views! And the hiking is so worth it! And healthy too!


I hope that helped you learn some fun facts about me.
I challenge you to answer these questions yourself! 

Peace, Agnes

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous picture from Colorado, I'd love to go there someday! I am with you on the chocolate. :) And three languages?? That's impressive!

    ReplyDelete