Tuesday, April 2, 2013

In memory of my favorite pope and hero John Paul II

As you all know, today marks the 8th anniversary of the death of our beloved John Paul II. 

John Paul II is very near and dear to me and has always been, not only because he is a pope from my dear mother country, Poland, but also because his life and his writing have changed my life completely...And maybe also because THANKS TO HIM, the WALL OF COMMUNISM in my country and in Europe fell down and the system collapsed! Yes I believe it is all thanks to him and because of him! He's that amazing! He is the one that taught me THEOLOGY OF THE BODY and LOVE AND RESPONSIBILITY....and answered the most fundamental questions about marriage and sexuality (via summaries by Christopher West, this book, and this book) and even shared some profound knowledge and secrets about the SONG OF SONGS. He taught me some of the most important and fundamental things in my whole entire life and he opened my eyes to the truth like no one has ever done before. I have at least 10-12 books either by him or about him. I have countless pictures (many of them hanging around my house), I have a few movies as well.

I miss him so terribly. . His love was comparable to that of Christ's...and so was his perseverance in suffering. His smile just amazes me everytime I look at his pictures. His wisdom even more so. I ask him to pray for me and Greg and for our marriage all the time. John Paul II is my go to man. My spiritual father...even though I never actually met him, or talked to him, or seen him in person (well, once, I caught a glimpse of him riding by in his pope mobile during his 1997 pilgrimage to Poland).

So, in his memory, here are some pictures of him that I collected over the years on my computer...








Polish for "I am joyful, you should be too"


In upper right corner, written in Polish: "You called us, so we came"




In Polish: (My own translation so may not be perfect) "I am with you and I will remain with you even from the house of the Father - and you, be with me in every prayer, and fulfill your vocations until the end"


in Polish "It's hard to say goodbye"











































OUR POPE, OUR HERO, OUR SAINT, JOHN PAUL II, PRAY FOR US!

No comments:

Post a Comment