Wednesday, October 9, 2013

5 Favorite Sciptures on Faith, Trust, and God's Promises in Times of Trouble

The following are some of the verses that I have bookmarked in my bible and that I go to every time I am feeling fear, worry or when times of trouble/suffering come my way. They remind me that God wants us to have unshakeable faith and confident trust in him, no matter what the circumstances.  I have fallen many, many times when the Lord was testing my faith, so I make sure to keep these as well as some other resources close at hand...so that when the Lord tests my faith/trust the next time, I can conquer my fear, overcome my human weakness, and show God that I do, indeed, trust in His Goodness.


 Hebrews 10:35-6
  • So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord.
    Remember the great reward it brings you!

    Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will.
    Then you will receive all that he has promised.
     Isaiah 40:30
  • Even youths will become weak and tired,and young men will fall in exhaustion.
    But those who trust in the L
    ord will find new strength.

    They will soar high on wings like eagles.

    They will run and not grow weary.

    They will walk and not faint.
Psalms 42:1
  • Why am I discouraged? 
    Why is my heart so sad?
    I will put my hope in God! 
    I will praise him again—my Savior and my God!
     
Proverbs 3:5-6  
  • Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalms 34:19

  • The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time


And I leave you with some links to my other blog posts
 which present more quotes and reflections 
on suffering and trusting the Lord



God Bless
Agnes

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting these! God is so good to give us such encouragement.

    ReplyDelete