I made this for my husband last week for Valentines day! He absolutely loved it. I also gave some to our friends when they came over after our double date Valentines day (and our 6 month-a-versary of marriage) dinner, and they also said that it is very good and that I'm a great baker. For the sake of humility, let's just say I'm good at following recipes haha. But all my baked goods do come out amazing...so maybe there is some truth to the fact that I have some baking abilities. I also really enjoy baking, too.
Ingredients1.5 cups graham cracker (crushed into crumbs)
3 Tbsp sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
4 packages (8oz each) of cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 container (8oz) Cool whip (okay frozen, no need to thaw)
6 oz baker's bittersweet chocolate / chocolate chips
Instructions (Scroll all the way down for pictures)
- Heat oven to 325F
- Crush graham crackers and mix crumbs with 3 tbsp sugar and butter
- Press onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla with mixer....adding 1 egg at a time (total 4), mixing on low speed just until mixed (if you mix too fast or too long, it'll become too fluffy)
- Pour over crust
- Bake 55 minutes or until center is almost set
- Run knife around rim
- Refrigerate 4 hours
- Remove rim
- Microwave cool whip and chocolate in bowl for 2-2.5 minutes (or until chocolate completely melted), stirring after EACH MINUTE.
- Cool 15 mins, slowly pour over cheesecake
- Garnish with coconut flakes
(you can actually garnish with a multitude of toppings, like strawberries or raspberries, to make it a strawberry/raspberry cheesecake)
And some pictures for ya!