Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Dear Papa John Paul II (Favorite Quotes by JPII, 9th anniversary of death)

 Dear Papa,

It's been 9 years since you've been gone. I never really knew you in person but all I know is that I miss you like crazy...I miss you so much it brings tears to my eyes. It's amazing how one can love someone they never even met...so, so much. There are no words to describe the feelings you inspire in me. 

I cannot believe it has been this long, papa.

I have been watching a lot of movies and videos about you, as well as listening to a lot of audios. I love watching films or even short video clips about you...just hearing your voice just shakes me up inside. There is something unbelievably powerful about your voice...something profound.

I talk about you on this blog quite often...but that's because you are probably my life's biggest inspiration. Your books have touched me in indescribable ways. Your life, the beautiful example of holiness you set before our eyes, even more so.

You completely revolutionized my life, especially my beliefs about love, marriage, and sexuality. I have been dating/engaged to my husband for close to 7 years before we got married (since we were teenagers when we met) and it is largely because of YOU that we remained chaste for that whole long 7 year period. If I had not read your Love & Responsibility and your teachings on Theology of the Body as well as interpretations of some of your secret writings and speeches kept at the Vatican until recently, I would have surely fallen to the sin of adultery and fornication...and probably contraception as well. I know I would have. YOU SAVED ME FROM IT ALL!!! Can I say you saved me from lying with my body, killing my soul, separating myself from God...from hurting God, myself, my now husband, and all the people we are an example to in our lives? Yes, dear Papa. I know can. I do not even want to think what my life would have been and would be like now without your influence, presence, love, wisdom, and holiness in it. It is truly hard to describe your greatness and just as hard to describe the way I feel about you...just as if you were my Father.

You are most definitely MY BIGGEST HERO. MY PATRON SAINT for life!

3 more weeks until your canonization! I am so excited. Even though I cannot be there, I will be with you. I'll be watching. And probably crying tears of joy.

Here is a little something I made for you...because you are already a Saint to me and have always been. No need to wait until the official day to declare it:

Saint John Paul The Great. Always in our hearts.




Some of the most amazing quotes by Pope John Paul The Great:

#1


#2

#3

#4

#5

 

 Bonus:



Read my other posts on John Paul II:
  1. My John Paul II Book Collection
  2. What We Stumbled upon in Colorado
  3. In memory of my Favorite Pope and Hero John Paul II
  4. Recap of Epic Summer 2013 Part 1
  5. Roe v Wade - A Death Sentence for our Nation


1 comment: