Sunday, May 4, 2014

Spring cleaning continued...Organizing my jewelry and makeup




In my Quick takes, I told you about how I was on a roll in spring cleaning and organizing...and even how marriage made me become a wannabee gardener. I already organized a bunch of drawers in my kitchen, my lovely bookcase ,and now my makeup drawer as well as my jewelry.

I don't know about you, but cleaning and organizing (especially the end result) relaxes me and energizes me (so does cooking and baking, actually). So this is what I do instead of studying for my exams, unfortunately.








 So, just quickly, with minimal words (since I should really be studying now), here are the transformations.

JEWELRY - BEFORE




JEWELRY - AFTER

(I know, this is a pretty amateur DIY project... but it helped me get organized). And now I actually use my jewelry because it's RIGHT there in front of my face when I'm picking out my outfit...whereas before, I almost never opened that drawer and kind of forgot what jewelry I even have.)




All the remaining things that didn't go with my new jewelry hanger, I organized inside of my jewelry chest..or whatever you call it. Small things like stud earrings and silver bracelets and necklaces were put into jewelry boxes and labeled...and those boxes went inside the drawers of my jewelry chest.







MAKEUP - BEFORE

I didn't take a before picture of my makeup drawer...but it looked a little bit like this. Okay, maybe a bit better, haha. I still had it organized in little bins but it quickly turned into a big mess.


So...I used, what WAS my jewelry drawers, and turned those into makeup drawers.

MAKEUP - AFTER






1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I especially love the necklaces in the closet. That will make it super easy instead of having to dig through a drawer. Now, go study!

    ReplyDelete