Friday, January 30, 2015

7QT #48: Residency Apps, March For Life, House Blessing, and my Frustration with the Mainstream Media


#1 Residency Application Updates

( I will let my journal entries speak for themselves)



SCRATCH THAT. I literally just got a request for a 6th interview in my e-mail 2 minutes ago. However, I think I will decline this one as I am not all that interested in that hospital's program and I just applied there as kind of a backup in case I did not get other interviews/places to choose from. So out of the 7 programs I applied to, there was only 1 that did not invite me. And there is usually about 80 applicants to each program, and they pick about 10-20 for interviews. So that's pretty good, I say :-)  I remember back when I was in the early steps of the application process, I was afraid that I would not get any interviews and I wasn't sure where God was leading me (read my discernment posts for more info: Part 1 and Part 2). Foolish me, I have a pretty BIG GOD on my side. And He works wonders. 

I'm super pressed for time as my first interview is Monday and my only day off is Sunday...and I still have so much to do. Feel super unprepared. I have to fix and prepare for my presentation, practice behavioral interview questions, and keep studying acute care topics as they might present me with patient cases to solve or doses to calculate. Ahhh! My brain hurts thinking about all this. Wish it was Monday evening already. I'll keep you guys updated on how things go!

#2 All I have been doing for the past 3-4 weeks is studying pharmacotherapeutics 

- For both board exams (Naplex) and to be able to answer/solve clinical patient cases during residency interviews.

Of course the cat always decides to lay down on top of my study materials...because we all know that cats like to sit in weird places.

PLAYING PEEK-A-BOO!!!


"Hello human, whatcha starin' at?"

#3 Good job pro-lifers

I was not able to attend physically, but I was with you in spirit and prayer. 

WE ARE THE PRO-LIFE GENERATION and WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED! America is pro-life, but the mainstream media hides this and tells you otherwise. This will soon change, I believe it. With a PRO-LIFE house AND a PRO-LIFE senate, this is an exciting time for us!!! WE WILL OVERTURN ROE V WADE and we will end this holocaust - this killing of innocent, voiceless children in the womb. I believe it!

#4 Weekend spent with my family in Michigan. 

It was very, very, very cold. The lake in the back of their house was completely frozen. But I still went out for a walk with my parents' doggie (who used to be my doggie and was my 16th birthday present...but she loves my parents more and hence lives with them, haha. Plus her and my cat do not get along at all (and I mean it)...so we avoid that combo at all costs.


#5 I finished my 4th pharmacy rotation

It was a rotation in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)...as well as Labor and Delivery (L&D). This was my best rotation so far and had a great impact upon me both professionally as well as personally. Click here to read the full post and reflection.

I baked banana bread with chocolate chips for the pharmacy dept on my last day.









#6 We invited our amazing, young, faith-filled, passionate parish priest over for dinner and to have our house blessed for the New Year.

I had 2 days off in a row from work. On day 1, I basically baked all day. On day 2, I let myself sleep in a bit and then cooked all day. We had a nice three-course meal followed by amazing deserts. 
I baked kolaczki (link to my recipe) and also this super amazing chocolate ganache cheesecake (link to my recipe), that every single person always complements and cannot get enough of! 






#7 

What the media thinks and falsely preaches 
[cut straight from Yahoo! News]:


What we, devout Catholics, know to be true instead:



Did I tell you I absolutely hate Yahoo news???? And probably every other news outlet, too. I'm so done with their open liberalism, twisting the truth, hiding important facts, cherry-picking what they show to the public, and brainwashing all the gullible, ignorant people that soak in and believe all that they hear/see on the news?! There are very few things I hate more in this country than the state of our mainstream, openly liberal and shameless media. What happened to honest journalism? (It's almost as extinct as the dinosaurs). 

End of rant.

"YOU HAVE BEEN TWISTING THE WORDS OF POPE FRANCIS EVER SINCE HE BECAME POPE!!!!! IF YOU COULD PLEASE REPORT WHAT HE ACTUALLY SAYS AND WHAT HE STANDS FOR, THAT'D BE GREAT!!!!!"

END OF RANT FOR'REAL!
-----------

If someone can spare a prayer or two, please pray for my upcoming interviews and that I may continue discerning my vocation with the help of God...and that it all works out in accordance with His Plan, not mine.

HAVE A GREAT WEKEEND!
Now let us go and keep on being the salt of the earth and the light of the world!

:-)


FOR MORE 7 QUICK TAKES POSTS FROM OTHER BLOGGERS, VISIT http://thisaintthelyceum.org

4 comments:

  1. 5 interviews is great!! And we have the exact same thoughts on the media. Horrible. Best of luck and lot's of prayers for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for so many interviews! I will be praying for you as you discern your future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for Monday. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PRAYERS!!!!!! THE INTERVIEW WENT AND SO DID MY PRESENTATION!!! Hopefully they liked me :-)

    ReplyDelete