Friday, April 10, 2015

7QT #50: On Lent, Easter, Divine Mercy, Gardening, Cleaning, Running, and Graduation

It's my 50th Quick Takes!!! 
Just for fun, here is the link to my very 1st one, back when Jennifer of conversiondiary.com was host! And back when I was just kind of writing to myself (aka, did not have a very large audience, haha. Beginnings are always rough.)


#1  Lent is here!!!

Lent is half-way over!!

Lent is almost over!!

Holy week is here!!

Happy Easter!!!!

Yeah...that's how long it took me to get this post up and running. I just realized I have not written a 7QT post on this blog since way before lent. Life has been busy and I have not had time to put out any kind of meaningful content on the blog (and it also was a nice break or "fast" from blogging during lent). The last time I came here was to tell you guys this wonderful news, but I still have not provided any details about it. Like I said, I have been a busy bee. Just finished up yet another rotation last week and started my very last one this week.

But anyways..... Even though it's a little late to talk about lent, I still wanted to share my thoughts:

My little prayer "station"
To the left, within an arm's reach, are all my spiritual and
prayer books on my bookshelves. Maybe one day I will
 have a better little "prayer altar" but for now, it is what it is.
Did I tell you I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOVE THE LENTEN SEASON??? 
(And I needed it more than ever!)

The lenten season just matches my personality. My quiet, introverted, introspective personality. Lent was a perfect little retreat of silence, fasting, and sacrifice. A time in the desert with Jesus - a time of prayer, meditation, and peace. I was glad to be able to block out the world's noise and focus on myself and on self-discipline (which was my biggest goal). I love being challenged and I loved undertaking the challenge of "overcoming SELF" and living for Jesus. Of saying no to selfish bodily desires and comforts, and seeking love and comfort in the Lord instead. Of seeking spiritual consolation instead of worldly consolations.






And let me tell you...yes I lasted in my lenten resolutions and sacrifices until the end..but I failed many, many times. And many times I was too easy on myself and too lenient. But God is merciful. And so I kept falling and kept getting up and kept walking the desert journey. Overcoming self is not easy. It is very, very hard for me. And I still have a long way to go. I still have a lot to learn and a lot to experience in order to achieve self-discipline. Ahhh let me tell you, it is true that "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." And so many a time, I "fell asleep" like the disciples in the garden, many a times I abandoned Jesus when He needed me. But how good it is that He is merciful and patient and loving.

Speaking of...this coming Sunday is DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY. So Saint Faustina, pray for us. And St. John Paul II (who died on the eve of Divine Mercy Sunday 10 years ago), pray for us. Let's all pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, because Jesus promised St. Faustina that He will grant ANYTHING, as long as it is within His Will, to the person that prays the Chaplet and prayerfully meditates upon His passion.

And go read The Diary of Saint Faustina. 
(Currently the #1 Bestseller on Amazon in the category "Christian Saints")

I read it while still in High School. And it changed my life.



#2 I am so behind on my Quick Takes that I haven't even posted about my Valentine's day yet...

So here is a picture version of SAINT Valentine's day.
Just so I have it documented for the future. In case my future kids ever decide to read my blog and see how in love their mommy and daddy were....AND how silly they were (are).












#3 Indoor gardening has begun!
(a while ago...but again, I'm late with this post)


My veggie seeds.

And my plant/flower seeds.


I pretty much only planted tomatoes, different kinds of peppers, cauliflower, and petunias inside to give them a head start. Life has been crazy so I'm just going to wait with all the other stuff to just plant them right outside once it permanently warms up here in Chiberia.





#4 Spring Cleaning & Organizing has also begun...and ended.

Last year I organized my jewelry and makeup.
This year I tackled my cleaning supplies and medicine closet, as well as my pantry.



#5 Outside running season has begun...and I am sooooo excited.

The shirt in picture #1 is from my undergrad school and #2 is from my pharmacy school. I definitely represent my "institutions of higher education" on my runs, hehe.

I have been stuck exercising on my elliptical machine in my dark, oxygen-deprived, claustrophobia-causing basement throughout this LONG[ass] winter. So I was soooo thankful to God to be able to run on a warm, sunny day, with the breeze in my face....with just ME, GOD, and 5 miles of running trail before me. 'Twas the best.

(going to have to wipe out that almost part prettttty darn soon) :-D 

#6 Kitty pics, as always.

Post-bath #1


Post-bath #2: SOOOOO CLEAN AND FLUFFFFFFAY!!!


#7 I'm on my last pharmacy student rotation and counting down until PHARMACY SCHOOL GRADUATION!!!

When my cap and gown came in the mail the other day...I got a little confused and thought it was a wizard cloak and I was going to Hogwarts. But nope...just graduating pharm school. Kind of wish it was the other way around :-)



I promise, more updates about the residency coming soon!!!!

Peace.
Agnes

4 comments:

  1. I lovelovelove Lent as well!

    I remember pretending to be at Hogwarts when I was trying on my BA robes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your praying station :) Now I really can't wait to have my own flat and splace to pray. It'll be quite different than yours, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for all the wonderful things you have going on. I can't wait to see your garden and hear about your placement.

    ReplyDelete